- Antar Laniyan was born in Osogbo, the capital of Osun State.
- He attended Baptist secondary school in Lagos State before he later proceeded to the University of Ibadan where he obtained
a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theatre Arts.
- Antar started his career as an actor in 1981.
- His first major role as a professional actor was the role of a ‘Major General’ in a film titled Everybody Want to Know.
- Laniyan has featured in several Nigerian films including Sango , a film scripted by Wale Ogunyemi and produced by Obafemi
- The respected actor was the director of the first episode of Super Story , the award-winning Nigerian soap opera produced by Wale Adenuga in the year 2000.
- Antar also directed Oh Father Oh Daughter and This Life produced from the stable of
Wale Adenuga Production.
- He’s from a royal family in Osogbo.
- His elder brother is currently the king of his village and he has been tipped as the next king.
- Antar is happily married with four kids.
Today 26th of May 2016, the whole world celebrate the age of the veteran Nollywood Actor, Producer and an impeccable Director as he is a year holder today.
#MCE: Happy Birthday To You Sir